This was just a quick and easy supper basically using up the last of my veg from the previous box! I love quinoa; not only is it super easy and fast to cook but it has a nice nutty flavour and good texture and if I remember rightly it’s reasonably good value!
A handful of peas
A handful green beans (any type) chopped
Generous knob of butter
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Half an onion, chopped
Half a chilli, finely chopped
Small bunch of coriander, chopped
3 tbsp grated parmesan
salt and pepper to season ( I also use a bit of Aromat/ general purpose seasoning)
100g of quinoa
1. Flash boil the peas and beans and rinse in cold water, leave to drain.
2. Wash the quinoa thoroughly and then place in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil, boil for 10 mins until the shoots are starting to come out of the seed. Drain.
3. Meanwhile heat the butter in a frying pan and cook the onions, adding the garlic and chilli until softened.
4. Add the peas and beans and thoroughly coat in the buttery onion mix.
5. Once warmed through, add the quinoa, coriander and parmesan and mix together.
6. Season with salt and pepper and aromat to taste and serve!
Top with a fried egg to make it more substantial!
I seem to have failed to get through all my green beans from my last veg box so I might freeze some of this weeks — this is something I should probably do more often if I intend to only buy seasonal produce over winter, there’s absolutely no point it going to waste!